Tickets for away games (Darmstadt and Furth)

• Hello,

First of all sorry for posting in English but my German is not (yet) fluent enough to write this whole post in German.

I was wondering if anyone could explain me the process of getting tickets for away-games. Do you have to be a member of the club in order to buy them? Are they first on sale for members only? Is it competitive to get tickets for away-games?

The reason I am asking this is because I am lucky enough to be around Darmstadt and Furth when Union plays there. Being from Belgium I normally watch the games on the internet and this would be an excellent chance to see Union live. I was thus wondering if it was realistic to get tickets for the away-end for both of those games. Otherwise I will need to buy tickets for the home end and for Darmstadt they are selling out fast.

Can anyone please inform me?

Regards.

• Hi Beth,

I don't think the away ends in Darmstadt or Fürth will sell out. There might even be a chance to buy tickets on the day of. Union usually get an allocation and sell those (physical) tickets here in Berlin but there are ways around that.

We compiled a bit of information on our website, there are also some helpful comments at the bottom of this page:

We usually alert to relevant ticket news on our facebook page:

Hope it'll work out for you and that you'll get to see some away wins :)

• Hello DC_United,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Could you please elaborate on 'there are ways around that'? I for example noticed that the games in Nurnberg and Leipzig went on general sale in the online ticket-shop but I deduct from your post that this is not the normal procedure?

I would prefer having my tickets in advance since I will be staying more or less two hours drive from those games and I want to avoid the disappointment of going there without seeing the game.

Regards,

Beth.

• Hi Beth,

I really don't think you need to worry about those games. They're quite far away and there's no rivalry with either one, so while Union usually have a decent away following, they're not gonna sell out the away ends (Fürth last season, plenty of space on the right hand side). Keep an eye on our facebook page where we usually write a few words in English about ticket news right after the club announces them.

If you read through the link to our website I plugged above, you should find out a bit more, the comments mention that you can also email the club in case the away tickets don't show up in the online shop.