Union v Palace

• But NONE of them ist BERLIN ! :thumbdown:
    There are much better and cheaper places !
    It's so easy to move via underground and bus, so enjoy Kreuzberg or Friedrichdhain !
    8) :beer

• @kibi just real the whole Text again...by the way Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain are far away from beeing the "real berlin"
    Some more oldschool beer Bars :

Anyway as said you'll find good Bars at nearly every Corner in the city...

• Reklame:

• Cheers, PhilBerlin and the rest of you. Like Jabo says we know Hofbrauhaus is a tourist trap but people wanted a large space to meet up in the city centre. I certainly want to try a few different places during my visit and will certainly try a few of your suggestions.

The group I'm with know one or two Union fans so are planning on drinking near to the ground on Saturday so hopefully will bump into one or two of you. Us Palace fans are mostly a friendly bunch and always up for sharing a beer or two.

don't know if this German article has been posted but just in case;

Anyway, better go and pack as on a flight early tomorrow.

• Nearly the Alexanderplatz (Rochstraße 14) is a bar simply called "the pub" where you can tap your own beer, but you have at your table at all times an eye on costs. You must reckon with about 8 EUR per liter of beer.

At the station "Friedrichstraße" there is a local named "Berliner Republik". There are from 5 o´clock in the evening no fixed price of beer. Times the price rises, times he falls.

Last but not least there is a bar with fans from Union, called "Uluru" in Prenzlauer Berg (Rykestraße 17) , just 4 Stations with Tram M2 (direction Heinersdorf or Am Steinberg) to "Knaackstraße" and a walk of 5mins.
    But I don´t know when they opened.

I hope you enjoyed your time in berlin.

5.2:11

2:1-09-2014

Ich spreche fließend ironisch und das mit sarkastischem Akzent.

Bitte nicht knuddeln, ich habe Liebkose-Intoleranz

• Reklame:
  • Not had time to come back on here since my visit to Berlin last week, still better late than never...

A weird experience going to football by walking through a shopping centre than forest to get to the ground but was enjoyable for all of that. You'll be glad to hear that I had a beer in my hand the whole time to keep my fluids up in the heat. The ground is brilliant as it's set up for the best fan experience from the friendly service in the ticket office and helpful stewards to the little details around the ground from personal signs around the ground to beer and grilled sausages that can be enjoyed in full view of the pitch.

Went to the Abseitfalle bar for a few pre game beers where I met up with fellow Palace fans. No one gave us hassle even though it's your supporter clubs bar. In the ground I was really impressed with the build up to the game from you the Union fans. It was really appreciated by us Palace fans that the club also played 'Glad All Over' as part of the build up to make us feel at home. The game was enjoyable apart from the ref and your two goals. :D Would have been good if we could have celebrated a goal for all of us Palace fans efforts in getting to the game. If we come back can you arrange this please. ;)

After the game we went to a beer garten about 10 minutes from the ground where Palace and Union fans had a sing off for what must have lasted for a solid 2 or 3 hours. We were made to feel really welcome from all the union fans I spoke to. A great day and what going to football should be all about. All the best for the coming season, I'll keep an eye out for your results.