English speaking section

• This is what it said you wrote "It remains nunmal a forum that was never intended for English speaking guests and I'm not sure if it ever wants to do this or should"

Yeah, that´s what I wrote. But I did not mean, that I had personal regrets about an english section. It´s just that I think, nobody ever thought about. And of course you need some people who are native english speakers to run such a section.

There are a lot of people, who even not like too much fans from other clubs here including myself on certain clubs whose fans really invade here shortly before a game against it.
    But there ist nobody here, who dislikes "Ausländer" in general or would insult you, because of being Irish. We don´t have this problem here in a percentage worth mentioning. If anyone shows such manner in an open way, he would be extinct from this forum instantly.

So, MrCloud seems at least thinking of it.
    Perhaps you´ll get your section. If so, I hope that you´ll not remain the only english speaking guest there.

Take care! :beer

noch 15 Punkte bis zum FC Sankt Pauli von 1910

Der 1. FC Union ist der erfolgreichste Verein mit 5 oder weniger Bundesligajahren.

• I assume there will be no English speaking section then?

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• If I do I will just talk to myself! :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer :beer

schizophrenic!!! :opi: :D

Union heißt: Mitmachen, gemeinsam alles geben, in schwierigen Zeiten zueinander stehen, dicht an dicht und jede Bierdusche mit einem Lächeln zu empfangen, niemals das Stadion vor Apfiff zu verlassen und voller Stolz nach jedem Spiel die heiserne Stimme bereits für das nächste Spiel vorzubereiten.

• Reklame:
  • If someone agrees to set up an English section, I would have no problem moderating it. Before the start of last season I contacted the club directors and offered my services to translate the most important stuff on the website and have an English section...the club was not interested. This is not only sad from a fan point of view, but the club is also losing out on a ton of potential investors, just look at Hertha with their website in German, English and Chinese!

• This is true, lets face it, if Union Berlin want to be treated like a top club they really need to embrace all people, its not like people are looking for Swedish, Italian and Spanish section just one section of the most used language in the Western World, to be honest I would visit here more often if I could have a section where I didnt need to Google translate absolutly everything. I can also help out with moderating if thats needed!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• But it is not easy to talk in a foreign tongue, to take discussion into depths. Written sentences often lead to misinterpretation. Even in your mother tngue. That is why many people, even if they have got a rough understanding, try not to write in English.

In the long run - that is your point - a modern club needs an Englis section. But Union at present imho is far far away from that point.

Nevertheless there are a few among us who are willing to talk to you gladly. But most of the time they would prefere a real coversation and not a written discussion.

• Well as you see, at last People are talking English here with you, or at least they are trying. Which, as stated above, more or less leads to the assumption that if there is a certain need for English communication on this board, it will be fulfilled one way or the other. After all, the number of English discussions have been manageable in the past. But in case you're disappointed: our Secretary of State would have rejected your request like this:

;).

"The only way this bloody thing is going to work properly is if we all inter-marry and screw each other blind"

Lemmy Kilmister

• But it is not easy to talk in a foreign tongue, to take discussion into depths. Written sentences often lead to misinterpretation. Even in your mother tngue. That is why many people, even if they have got a rough understanding, try not to write in English.

In the long run - that is your point - a modern club needs an Englis section. But Union at present imho is far far away from that point.

Nevertheless there are a few among us who are willing to talk to you gladly. But most of the time they would prefere a real coversation and not a written discussion.

nevertheless, an English Section here is an enrichment ! Its a pity, that Christian is so stubborn :wacko: :(

• Reklame:
  • I'd warmly welcome an English section thus many supporters of our team come from various countries. When I used to live in Irland I met a lot of lads who were interested in Union and surroundings and as it can be seen here, a lot of English speaking people gather around the forum. Why don't give them their spot.

Union&CFCC :)

• Give us a minute! We think about it, ok?

Irish Unioner is right. The minute is over.

So, it would be nice if anyone (mods) here could explain why we´ll not have that section. This silence is not helpful. We have someone willing to moderate it (Engländer) and enough people to keep it alive, report abuses and such stuff. So, what is the problem?

noch 15 Punkte bis zum FC Sankt Pauli von 1910

Der 1. FC Union ist der erfolgreichste Verein mit 5 oder weniger Bundesligajahren.

• Reklame:
  • Well to be honest Im not arsed having to translate everything on the site everytime I want to see info on the team!
    Later people :beer

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• Wir haben in Kürze ein Modtreffen, da werden wir das dann auch besprechen

In all fairness you cant even speak English in this thread so I wouldnt hold my breath!
    If I could speak German to everyone here I would, I think it is the height of rudeness that I cannot, I do apologise for that,
    Are you purposly just speaking "auf Deutsch" on this thread to prove a point?

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• Don't worry, he just wrote that they'd have a mod-meeting coming up and that your request would be discussed then. Considering using German as an act of offence is an interesting point, though ;).

"The only way this bloody thing is going to work properly is if we all inter-marry and screw each other blind"

Lemmy Kilmister

• I didnt say that mate, I said the fact I dont speak German makes me feel that I am being rude and ignorant! :beer

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• Reklame: