English speaking section

• Sweet!

Now we have to justify the decision by using it as much as possible (I am still unconvinced that anyone visiting the forum will find the section, but we will see).

I was thinking that I could summarise the weekly news once a week and put it all in a single thread to keep our English-speaking friends up-to-date with the goings on over here. What do people think of the idea?

• Engländer That'd be a good start for sure. Besides, the reactions and participation will show whether it was worth all the fuss. Maybe even an all English board will be necessary ... who knows. 8)

"The only way this bloody thing is going to work properly is if we all inter-marry and screw each other blind"

Lemmy Kilmister

• Ok I am not trying to be a a pain in the ass here but where is it?
    I will find it eventually I a m sure, if it is here, thank you very much.
    Surely it should be on the main page and say ENGLISH FORUM?

Are people trying to prove it wont work by hiding it?

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• In case you've been expecting a board where every single posting would be translated into your mother tongue, this must be disappointing ;). I am not even sure this would work properly without some hard-working translaters. But this has, as far as I understood it, never been the plan any way. 'most everybody else seems to have understood that you and some other guys wished to have a separate English section installed where people could discuss in English. Voilà ;).

"The only way this bloody thing is going to work properly is if we all inter-marry and screw each other blind"

Lemmy Kilmister

• Reklame:
  • In case you've been expecting a board where every single posting would be translated into your mother tongue, this must be disappointing ;). I am not even sure this would work properly without some hard-working translaters. But this has, as far as I understood it, never been the plan any way. 'most everybody else seems to have understood that you and some other guys wished to have a separate English section installed where people could discuss in English. Voilà ;).

And its brilliant :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• I think its safe to say this section is ticking along nicely and was definately worth setting up! Cheers to everyone who made it happen!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• It started off with only two people here, now there are 5/6 regulars!
    Give it another 6 months and it will kick in,
    regarding the sausgae talk, I would be afraid it may get lost in translation! :D

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• It started off with only two people here, now there are 5/6 regulars!
    Give it another 6 months and it will kick in,
    regarding the sausgae talk, I would be afraid it may get lost in translation! :D

Yeah, you're right. Its the fuckin wurst case scenario (etc etc etc). Three more regulars and it's time for a banner!

• Reklame:
  • Wurst post Ever! ha

Speaking of a banner, the fact zie Germans call us Irlanders and Englanders "Island apes" I feel an ape should be used as a logo!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• Wurst post Ever! ha

Speaking of a banner, the fact zie Germans call us Irlanders and Englanders "Island apes" I feel an ape should be used as a logo!

The term is not used (at least not by me) for irish, scottish or welsh people.

It is a reaction for terms like "Krauts" and other stuff used by the english fans in the long rivalry between our two teams.

noch 15 Punkte bis zum FC Sankt Pauli von 1910

Der 1. FC Union ist der erfolgreichste Verein mit 5 oder weniger Bundesligajahren.

• Well certainly shaving in places that shouldnt be shaven.....Ill be an ape anyday! What is the story with the German shaving fetish? :opi: :wurst: :rofl:

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• The term is not used (at least not by me) for irish, scottish or welsh people.

It is a reaction for terms like "Krauts" and other stuff used by the english fans in the long rivalry between our two teams.

haha! That sounds about right! I havent heard the work "Kraut" in a long long time!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• Reklame:
  • Kuemmerling! Kuemmerling! Kuemmerling! That and kebabs are the two things I most miss from Germany! I cant get them here, myself and my brother once finished the full circle in the Europa Centre Irish pub one night, they gave us a rubbish Guinness hat as a prize! Typical ha!
    I still have the pictures and they are my pride and joy!

If anyone is willing to send me over a few bottles I can paypal them the cash!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• What is the meaning "son of a gun" , i heard it in a song.
    For me "Inselaffen" are only the english.

7.9.96 Union:Energie= 0:4-Ick kam, Ick sah, ick war valiebt!
    Mir ejal wie Ihr meine Tante nennt. Ick nenn se Hertha!
    Berlin, Berlin Eisern Berlin!

• by the way...

English speaking FC Union Berlin fan club

We're in the process of setting up an English speaking, FC Union Berlin fan club. We're hoping to get expressions of interest throughout 2012/13 season and become an official fan club in time for the 2013/14 season.
    E-mail unioninenglisch@gmail.com and follow our new Twitter account @unioninenglisch for more details.

;) :thumbup:

• I've only recently discovered the English part of the forum thanks to Kibi :)

Kind of him to mention the idea of an international english speaking fan club. Had lots of interest from all over the world which is great. We've approached the club and hopefully we'll know more soon. Clearly this message board should be used as it is a great forum. My German is OK but I would never have the time to reply in the German language threads and do an work! This is ideal. I'll post links in all my blog posts so hopefully we can get some more people on here.

On Friday night I'm meeting about 10 English speakers and we'll be in the boozer near the entrance to the forest if you're walking towards the ground from Köpenick S-Bahn.

Whilst I am keen to have contact with English speakers I also try and integrate as I'm sure most people do. Attending the theatre last night was brilliant even though I probably only understood 50% of it! is my blog. Always looking for people to write stuff and get a different perspective on things. :schal:

• Reklame: