Scotsman Living in Canada looking to visit Berlin in OCT

• Hello there,

I'm a Celtic supporter currently living in Canada but originally from Scotland.

I'm flying back home in October to watch Celtic and then flying over to Germany to make a football pilgrimage. I've always been a fan of German league football and wanted to visit Berlin.

The story of Union is really appealing and I have wanted to visit the Försterei stadium for a while now.

Sadly, my trip to Berlin is at the very worst time. The game is against the dreaded Dresden!

I know this is only open to members. I'm not complaining. It's a derby game and I dislike the thought of a football "tourist" taking the ticket from a passionate Union fan.

So my trip may be a bit of a bust in watching Union Berlin live. It is unlucky, but at least I will visit Berlin for the first time.

I was wondering if I can ask Union Berlin fans for advice on my trip to Berlin?

I'm exceptionally keen to visit all things associated Union Berlin. Perhaps I can visit the stadium on a day before the game. Would you recommend this?

Also, what bar can I go to watch the game against Dresden to get an authentic Union Berlin Atmosphere?

If there is any other places or things to do I should add to my Berlin bucket list, your advice would be very welcome.

If any fans would like to trade shirts I can provide shirts from the Montreal Celtic supporters club.

Best wishes for the season. Good luck and I hope to hear some good advice!

• Hi scottishinmontreal, the guys from "Union in Englisch" have already a bunch of good information about tickets & beer.

I also would not say there is no chance to get a ticket for that match. There will probably a public sale open after the members (if tickets still available). So it remains exciting 'til the sale dates are officially announced. :schal: