Union Berlin vs Holstein Kiel

• Hi, my and my brother are visiting Berlin in September and I've purchased tickets for the Holstein Kiel game Sector 2.
    Having read about your club, you 've discovered Brentford. Will me and my brother be welcome in Sector 2 as I know this is where the ultras are?
    Koln, Dusselfdorf and Bochum before.

We are also owned by a Brentford fan, like your owner being a Union Berlin. We were very close to going out of business, and then Matthew Benham stepped into the club saving us. A close knit club, everyone is very passionate about the club. We are also the only club in the top two divisions in England to have standing at our ground.

Where could we drink before the game to talk to Union Berlin fans?

Thanks

Stuart

• we dont have an owner here. we are a club! so members have part on the decision making. even if this sounds crazy for english people.

1/22/-/7=30

Der Produkt schläft nie. Der Produkt wird nie müde. Der Produkt ist immer vor der Kunde in die Arena. Der Produkt schießt Tore schweißfrei.

• I advise you to wear normal clothes (no merch from other teams, you might buy a Union scarf 😄) and be respectful to the home supporters. At sector 2 you should take your place at the edge of the stand because the middle Part is the support area. Popular pubs in Köpenick are „Hauptmann“, „Coe“ and „Abseitsfalle“. Most of the Union supporters there are friendly, but some (drunk) are kind of Hostile against foreigners so take care.

FYI: our club is owned by the 20.000 members, not a single person.

• your club's colors are red and white, fits perfectly. But make sure to avoid something with the short form of Brentford FC because those initials will cause some trouble 8o

Verfassung von Berlin, Abschn. 1, Art. 5:

Berlin führt Flagge, ... , die Flagge mit den Farben Weiß-Rot. :schal:

We are also the only club in the top two divisions in England to have standing at our ground.

I wondered, is there still a stadium with standing ground :thumbup:

A german magazine "11 Freunde" for football culture published an interesting article about your club Brentford FC, his uniqueness with standing ground and the 4 corner pubs:

https://www.11freunde.de/artik…fc-noch-stehplaetze-gibt/

Cheers! :beer

• Reklame:
  • we dont have an owner here. we are a club! so members have part on the decision making. even if this sounds crazy for english people.

Not crazy, as my club Brentford was run and owned by the fans for 5 years, previous ownership left the club on the edge. The fans rallied and raised enough funds to buy the club, we ran the club, untill Matthew Benham took over.

• I advise you to wear normal clothes (no merch from other teams, you might buy a Union scarf 😄) and be respectful to the home supporters. At sector 2 you should take your place at the edge of the stand because the middle Part is the support area. Popular pubs in Köpenick are „Hauptmann“, „Coe“ and „Abseitsfalle“. Most of the Union supporters there are friendly, but some (drunk) are kind of Hostile against foreigners so take care.

FYI: our club is owned by the 20.000 members, not a single person.

Thank you for the advice, plan to respect the home fans. Want to experience Union Berlin. I shall buy a Union scarf and take our place on the edge. Hopefully I get to speak to the friendly Union supporters.

Apologies, I watched a Copa90 video bad information then.