English Membership

• Question: Is there any Club membership for foreign based supporters? I don't think so. And sadly I don't think I can stretch to 10 euros / month.

I want to try and get to Alte Forsterie next season, but it will not be on a regular basis . What will be the chances of getting tickets in advance or on the day?

Any advice appreciated. I see that Union were effectively at capacity last season so tickets will be in very high demand for the Bundesliga season.

I've seen a lot of positive stuff relating to Union from Millwall, QPR, Orient and other Bristol Rovers other supporters. The 'story' of Union is getting out there and is attracting attention in England. See below an example if you have not seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXI6oWjlV8M

Interestingly it's actually cheaper for me to fly to Berlin from Stansted than get the train from London to Bristol...

Eisern Union and Up The Gas

• There is no other membership as far as I know.

Getting a ticket without a membership will be hard but not impossible for 'less exciting' opponents. You will need to be a little bit lucky and will need to be ready at the computer from the moment they go on general sale, I'm predicting, but it should be possible. I wouldn't bet on getting a ticket on the day though.

There has been no info on tickets, membership and season tickets for next season. Noone knows what will change or how it will change. I think the team is finalising some last minute deals and deciding pricing. I expect the information to come soon however. Keep an eye out on the homepage in the coming weeks.

Hope you can get to a few games and experience the magic that is Union Berlin.

• You will need to be a little bit lucky and will need to be ready at the computer from the moment they go on general sale, I'm predicting, but it should be possible.

sorry, this will definitely never be possible in the next season!

because you have 11.000 season tickets and so for the other more than 25.000 members approximately 11.000 tickets per game...

so never ever the next season we will have a general ticket sale!

• sorry, this will definitely never be possible in the next season!

because you have 11.000 season tickets and so for the other more than 25.000 members approximately 11.000 tickets per game...

Did not know you had a crystal ball. Can you also tell me the Lotto numbers for next week? :D

There is always the possibility, it's not impossible. The chances are much slimmer than last season of course, but it is very possible there will be some less popular games. Good luck, Epping. :schal:

• As also Florian said I think you'd definitely need a membership for next season to have a chance for getting a ticket in advance. Only then when STADAF is expanded, the ticket situation will relax again :)

I can recommend to have a look on the "Union in Englisch" Website for further information about all the stuff: http://union-berlin.com/ticket-information/faq_tickets_beer/

Nevertheless I wish you can get to a few matches. :schal:

• Reklame:
  • You will need to be a little bit lucky and will need to be ready at the computer from the moment they go on general sale, I'm predicting, but it should be possible.

sorry, this will definitely never be possible in the next season!

Thanks cartman56 and Florian. It's a difficult one. I would have to buy my plane tickets in advance to make it possible, but travelling without tickets on the day would be foolish. I'll contact the Club directly and see what they can suggest. I don't really care about the 'big' games (I'm sure Hertha and Bayern will be amazing!). I just want to get to Berlin again. I'll find a way. There's always a way.

Did not know you had a crystal ball.

no, i have only the practical knowledge as member and a common sense...

let´s speak after the first games about!

• As also Florian said I think you'd definitely need a membership for next season to have a chance for getting a ticket in advance. Only then when STADAF is expanded, the ticket situation will relax again :)

I can recommend to have a look on the "Union in Englisch" Website for further information about all the stuff: http://union-berlin.com/ticket-information/faq_tickets_beer/

Nevertheless I wish you can get to a few matches. :schal:

Thanks for the link... appreciated. :thumbup:

Thanks cartman56 and Florian. It's a difficult one. I would have to buy my plane tickets in advance to make it possible, but travelling without tickets on the day would be foolish. I'll contact the Club directly and see what they can suggest. I don't really care about the 'big' games (I'm sure Hertha and Bayern will be amazing!). I just want to get to Berlin again. I'll find a way. There's always a way.

I take it you've been to a few games last season?

I am from Berlin, but live in London since 5 years now. I am with the club for quite some time, that makes things a bit easier I suppose. Also, if worse comes to worse, I just only visit friends if I don't get a ticket. However, booking reasonable priced flights from London and having a guaranteed ticket wasn't possible for me last season either. I am with @cartman56 here and think it will be a tough call. (even with a membership).

I hope you can get things sorted, let me know what the club can suggest though, I would be interested in a solution myself and also think it would be fun making the trip together.

• Reklame:
  • Sadly only one game the previous season (Union 4 Karlsruhe 0). Probably as a good a day out as Bristol Rovers 2 Dagenham 1 2016 (last minute goal to clinch promotion!), or Bristol Rovers 3 Shrewsbury 1 (2007 tier 4 play-off final). Me and my son just 'stumbled' across Union as we had a day to kill before watching Radiohead at Lolapalooza. I might just book plane tickets a month or so in in advance and go begging round the alte forsterei. It is actually cheaper for me to fly to Berlin from Stansted than get the train to Bristol. Insane. Good luck securing your tickets! Keep in touch.

• Another good win today for Union (and Bristol Rovers won 4-3 away at Shrewsbury). Just off to celebrate :beer. Just for any other English fans - quite a few Union games are being televised on BT Sports in the run up to Christmas and also today's game was streamed on Skybet.

Eisern Union and Up The Gas!

• Looking at flying out for the Paderborn game. What are the chances of getting tickets in the away end? I wouldn't have thought Paderborn would sell out? So maybe looking to buy tickets from them. I'm obviously not a trouble-maker... Just want to get back to the Alte Forsterie and enjoy the atmosphere. English football could learn a lot from the German model (excluding RB Leipzig of course).

Great season for Union! Looking forward to the Hertha game on BT Sports.

Eisern Union and Up the Gas.

• That's just hear say now, but considering the ticket shortening there are no tickets on sail at the stadium for the away area. This is a precaution to let them have their own space. Smaller supporter groups would otherwise have some many neutral/union fans in the stand, which may cause some issues.

Buying tickets in advance from the away side is another story, sometimes it needs a somewhat local address (this was the case when Hoffenheim played in Berlin for example, and Berlin people bought tickets from them). So far, the AF has been always almost sold out also from the away side. Anyhow, I think that is best asked at the Paderborn side and whether or not there is an open sale. Keep in mind that they also try to keep the guest area to them (which is fair).

I personally would guess that the relegation chances are very low by then, and you probably get a ticket for the home side.

• That's just hear say now, but considering the ticket shortening there are no tickets on sail at the stadium for the away area. This is a precaution to let them have their own space. Smaller supporter groups would otherwise have some many neutral/union fans in the stand, which may cause some issues.

Buying tickets in advance from the away side is another story, sometimes it needs a somewhat local address (this was the case when Hoffenheim played in Berlin for example, and Berlin people bought tickets from them). So far, the AF has been always almost sold out also from the away side. Anyhow, I think that is best asked at the Paderborn side and whether or not there is an open sale. Keep in mind that they also try to keep the guest area to them (which is fair).

I personally would guess that the relegation chances are very low by then, and you probably get a ticket for the home side.

Thanks - I'll be trying Paderborn directly for tickets... but even if I get them I will then go begging around the Alte Forsterei for Union Berlin home tickets on Friday / early Saturday. I'll get there one way or another. There is no way Union will get relegated! Trust me... Just seen Hertha are 0-2 down :)

• Reklame:
  • That's what I am saying, the tension might be gone a bit by then and maybe some people then leave Paderborn for a nice summer stroll with the family. What I was trying to say is that your chances should be not too bad by then.