Union - Bochum

• I have been watching Union go from strength to strength! Had to cancel a trip to Union / Paderborn back in the 'Covid season'. Looking at fixtures, there is only one I can make this season. Union / Bochum on April 15th. I have to ask... is there any way of getting a ticket?!? I'll probably fly out Thursday 13th and spend 2 days, begging, borrowing (but definitely not stealing), offering to work, basically anything (within reason) to get a ticket.

Any suggestions welcome.

Following Union has given me a lot of pleasure over the last few years. I need to get back to der Alten Forsterie!

Eisern Union. UNVEU.

• If you are not a member and cant use a lottery you have these options:

1. You know members who have a ticket that will give one to you.

2. You ask some days near the game time on the internet (the forum has a section for it, ebay and co. also work but be aware of scammers).

3. You find someone around the stadium and its streets leading to it (again beware of scammers).

4. You can get a rather expensive ticket from a third selling party like Viagogo.

5. You get a even more expensive VIP Ticket, ask the Club via Mail for prices and availability.

Eisern!

• Cancel Number 2, as the club goes very rigidly after Ebay-Sellers, even if the only take the original price.

I remember you from our time in the 2. Bundesliga, weren‘t you the guy with the

„Epp the Gas“-chant under every post?

Pfeife nie die eigene Mannschaft aus.

Gehe nie vor Abpfiff aus dem Stadion.

Mache niemals einen aus dem Team zum Sündenbock.

Heiserkeit ist der Muskelkater der Unioner.

• 6. Become a member (10 €/month) and pay for 6 months in advance. Then you can join the lottery for a ticket (afaik).

• Reklame:
  • Thank you. I'll definitely give 5 a go (though I want to be on the terrace), think it's probably 3 in reality though...

• I would skip #4 in the list, don’t feed the sharks.

Good luck, i hope you’ll find a ticket 🤞🏼

It is ironic. I love the Union ethic and identity. As a result I know that any re-sale of tickets goes against it's principles. I get that. I respect that. I'd rather stand outside than get in via a ticket tout! Hopefully in the bars of Kopenick and the Stadium and shops I'll find a ticket somewhere...

• Cancel Number 2, as the club goes very rigidly after Ebay-Sellers, even if the only take the original price.

I remember you from our time in the 2. Bundesliga, weren‘t you the guy with the

„Epp the Gas“-chant under every post?

Very well remembered! Yes, I used to sign off "Up the Gas" (which is a little bit like signing off with "Eisern Union").

However Bristol Rovers employed a violent thug (Joey Barton) as manager a couple of years ago and I refuse to attend games and spend any money on the Club while he is there. It's about principles. Hence why I am drawn to Union, with their superior principles and their core values.

Eisern Union

• Thanks, I even looked options for an 'international' member... but sadly that option does not exist. For a maximum of 3 or 4 games a year (plus flights and hotel), it isn't really justifiable.

• 6. Become a member (10 €/month) and pay for 6 months in advance. Then you can join the lottery for a ticket (afaik).

Thanks, I even looked options for an 'international' member... but sadly that option does not exist. For a maximum of 3 or 4 games a year (plus flights and hotel), it isn't really justifiable.

The thing is though, if you go to 3-4 games a year with standing section tickets + membership(together less than 200€), it will be cheaper altogether than going to one game only with a vip ticket.

• Reklame:
  • Thanks, I even looked options for an 'international' member... but sadly that option does not exist. For a maximum of 3 or 4 games a year (plus flights and hotel), it isn't really justifiable.

The thing is though, if you go to 3-4 games a year with standing section tickets + membership(together less than 200€), it will be cheaper altogether than going to one game only with a vip ticket.

...and he is supoorting Union!

• OK - So flights and hotel booked. Staying in Kopenick. If anyone can suggest good bars, please let me know. Last time I was here drank in the ultras bar? It was on a corner quite near the ground... I presume it's still there.

Fingers crossed for a result at Bayern.

UNVEU.

• Watched a disappointing Wolfsburg 1 Union 1, seemed a fair result. Union looked a bit leggy.

Oh crap. Just seen the Union / Bochum kick off time. 16:30 on a Sunday.

But my flight got pushed back a bit, so should still be OK.

If I get a ticket.

And frees up Saturday for a game elsewhere. Any suggestions?

• Reklame:
  • Yes 5:30! (I was looking at UK time). Watching Magdeburg Saturday (no Berlin games that day) and Lichtenburg early Sunday before heading towards Union. Even if I can get a ticket - going to be tight catching a 21:25 flight...

Eisern Union!

• Friday Hertha Zehlendorf 1 SV Tasmania Berlin 2.

Saturday FC Magdeburg 1 Sandhausen 2.

Sunday early SC Charlottenburg 1 Lichterader 2.

Sunday late. Union Tanke and Abseitsfalle. Left after the Bochum equalizer.

German football is a lot cheaper than English football.

And the away team usually wins 2-1!

UNVEU.