Beiträge von The Wig

Same question from me. I'm wondering what sort of following Union would take to a game in the west of Germany? Would the away end sell out? Maybe that's an easy and convenient way to get to see by far the greatest club in Germany.

Snapshots / moments from the Freiburg game.

The city of Berlin. Cool and calm. Cigarette smoke. A quiet German (Cartman) who's helped us get tickets. He has a scarf for my boy. Passing across a scrap of land at the Old Forestry factory.

Lads. A nervous, wannabe 'firm'. A stadium that retains its name. A program produced by fans. Flares. Singing. Vocal away fans complete out sung. Pre-match anthem. Wow.

Everyone singing - men, women, kids. A smoke covered pitch. No panic from the police. Cigarette smoke. Drinking in sight of the pitch. What a fucking first goal. Boom.

A more rudimentary midfield than Freiburg (sorry Berliners, it's true) but with a much bigger heart. A shaky right back maybe?

Singing. A goal that should have been (just 9 times out of 10 in England) just before half time. A good chance missed. Drinking in sight of the pitch (bliss).

Singing. So much singing. Joining the singing as we pick up a few words. A guy called Frank giving my boy his signed scarf. (My son still feels guilty and hastened to ask me if he wanted to be back ... but was completely and utterly thrilled).

Me and my boy trying to join in the songs. A second goal ... Poor keeping maybe? Who cares? Jumping in the air. High fives with strangers. Singing 'Onion' over and over. My boy twirling his scarf. My boy is holding his scarf above his head. Singing. The whole ground singing. A selfie: me, my boy, Frank and his mate. Getting lost a bit in Berlin.

Cherish these times. Cherish the things that make union what it is. Trust me, you have no idea how great these days are. They can not be this good in 5 years if you have success.

A great day. Thanks Cartman. Thanks Frank. You made a boy and his dad very happy.

We want to be back. I hope you stay up.

Do you mean next to the field with "front"?

Of course that's okay, everybody is where he/she wants to be.

Yes. That's exactly what I meant. When I was a kid, my older brothers would put me at the front (with all the other kids) and, because they were tall, they would go up the back. But this was in the 70s.

It's so exciting, the thought of taking my lad to a game that will be more like what we would have watched when I was growing up (minus the violence I hope)!

it would be a magnificent kindness. I've been watching the lottery process closely and know it's coming up. I'm just impatient!!!! I will pay face value, but not more, if there's a seller. Or do the swap of course. Not because I'm tight, but because paying over face value is essentially the black market!

So true. We have the best navy in the British isles.

Listen guys, I know none of you know me...and that I could be a rogue, but come ON.

I've been very amusing (and admirably persistent) here and so clearly deserve 2 tickets to see your precious Union.

Yo people! Come on down...I'm offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to come watch the mighty* Red and Blue (Palace) beat the Champions of England** in the greatest city on Earth***. You and two friends could be jetting off to London, where a single Euro buys dozens**** of pints of world-class beer***** and where the women (or men) are among the most attractive on the planet******! Why am I being ignored?!?!

*we are not

**we probably won't

***it's actually a bit of a shithole, but shhh

****untrue

*****also untrue

EDIT: ******furthermore, also untrue

Hi folks. Another great victory for Palace at the weekend. We beat Aston Villa, albeit with some good fortune at the end.

After our next match, Spurs away, we have two that we could hope to win: Wolves and Norwich at home. Anyone doing this swap could be attending a top-of-the-table clash !! The pound is cheap. If you want to upgrade the kids' tickets to adult ones, I'll even pay the cost of upgrading.

Just think: you and 2 pals in London for a weekend with free pounding at multi-decade lows !!

: beer

PS: When the Freiburg tickets go on sale.

PPS: What a result for UB against Dortmund !!!

Thanks very much. It's a good deal, apart from having to support Palace!!!!:D

Might a season ticket holder be willing/able to swap earlier? I'd like to finalise it sooner than later, if possible.

For Palace, we can get the club to email us paper tickets with barcodes to enter the stadium.

I would, of course, be delighted for somebody to change the title of the thread and post in German if they felt that kind!!

Thanks again.