• This is mainly aimmed at us Auslanders :thumbup:
    Why Union, why not Hertha? Just interested in the reason behind you supporting Union, the story behind it!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• The first game I came to was by chance at the Alte Försterei four years ago. I've missed about three home games in that time now so Hertha never had a look in really. I still watch them, I will watch any old shit if it's blokes (or women actually) kicking a ball around, but the Union fans treated me so well immediately that was that. The fairytale of the old stadium becoming the new one helped. The ISP thing. The promotions. It was just too good not to be a part of.

My disenchantment with English football and the robbing of us idiots for the sake of it helped. This was different, if you know what I mean.

It also helps to have a thing when you move to a foreign country. Football has taught me how to speak and read german, even basically. It gave me something to do, and something to talk about.

basically, that is why Union.

• I came to Germany in September 2009 and, due to the fact that I absolutely love football, I was looking for a team to follow. The teams in my city (Leipzig) aren't exactly the most inspiring of clubs and, after visiting the AF for the Cottbus game and for the Bielefeld away game, I was totally hooked.

The atmosphere was like something I have never ever experienced. After about 5 minutes I swear I knew all the words to every song. That's also when my love affair with this man started:

• I still live in Hohenschönhausen. The first time i realize what football is i was hertha "fan" because i just knew hertha and there were the only berlin football club were play 1. bundesliga so the only berlin team which comes on the tv.
    My stepfather is unioner since over 25 years maybe. i had a test training with 6-7 years at b**, i will never understand why my stepfather allowed me to play there and at this time i knew nothing about this club.
    probably i should play there so that i could went to training on my own... i don´t know
    b** don´t want me so i played for lichtenberg 47 some years
    meanwhile my stepfather told me storys about union and i realized that he wents to every game he could, i knew lot´s of facts about the FCU and i was really "hot" to visit a game

11.08.2001 the date i infected with the Union-sickness
    my parents planned a surprise for me and that was the first time i visit Eisern Union
    Game: 1.FC Union Berlin - LR Ahlen (now RW Ahlen) = 5:0
    i will never forget this day it was one of my best and maybe the important because with 7 years i become to know my first big love: FCU
    afterwards i´m so happy about to be fan of union, i can´t imagine to be a fan of bayern münchen, hertha bsc or arminia bielefeld
    i think it is a big piece of luck to find this one wunderfull and unique football club

i still will love you fcu :love: :schal: 8)

• Reklame:
  • Some nice stories there, I myself started with Union back in 2002. I moved to Friedrichshagen when I was 21 to have some fun and ended up working in an Irish pub called Sam Malones. I stayed in Berlin for maybe 9-10 months and as soon as I arrived I was all ready to step out to watch Hertha but locally Union were the team. Guys like Miguel from Portugal, Big Frank, Tassy, English Darren and Mantel brought me to a few games. Mainz, Gruether Furth and a 4-2 win against St Pauli were the first 3. I went to the games in my Cork City jersey (very similar to the Union one at the time) and an Irish flag on my back. I was welcomed with open arms. I needed a football fix, I missed Cork City, I missed rubbish football and an atmosphere. Union gave me that and since Ive been home I always look out for Union.

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• @ valadave "That's also when my love affair with this man started:" Don t bring trouble in the team!Tusche better concentrated on the matches. ;)
    As a guy from West-Berlin I know nearly nothing from Union befor the wall is falling down.My fan-career starts 1980 as a tv-football fan.Since 82 I go to matches of course to the Oly.So I have a different look to this remarkable stadium, yes I like it too but on a different way.
    Hertha was our club but most of us has a Bundesliga-Club as well.I stick to the FC (Kölle).For a Berlin-boy not so bad with Litti and Icke Häßler as the Pre Schweini-Poldi-couple of the 80 s. ;)
    I go to Blau-Weiß 90 too, with no bad feelings against Hertha, I just want to see Bundesliga in Berlin.
    After winning the World Cup 90 I lose my enthusiasm on footi and I go more to disco or concerts.
    Then in autum 95 the topmatch TB:Union was on the schedule, I saw a tv-report and think: try footbal in the 3rd League perhaps it s interesting too.
    The Union crowd impress me very much.A year later I risk to drive to the "wild east" and be part of a high defeat against Energie, but it dosn t matter.I was infect and there is no cure.But the only suffer now is the club and not the disease.Hope you understand what I mean.

7.9.96 Union:Energie= 0:4-Ick kam, Ick sah, ick war valiebt!
    Mir ejal wie Ihr meine Tante nennt. Ick nenn se Hertha!
    Berlin, Berlin Eisern Berlin!

• OK ... I'm not really a foreigner (Swabians do not count here to them, though they are greeted with smile if they start to speak their idiom). So, I don't feel be questioned by the inception question.
    But I have a question that comes automatically when I read your contributions: Are you - everybody of you - also involved in our fan community ... or are you apart from us, the German fans ? (because of language restriction or other reasons) If so, I think we should break down this wall asop (and I personally would be eager to brush up my Denglish with football-terms (here my business English shows some lacks :)

• I think, what Buckower wanted to know was, if you guys already found connection to the "local" fanscene, or wether you had to watch the matches "alone", not being of native tongue and so on. I suppose, and I think I've read it from you aswell, that this is not the case. ;)
    Otherwise he offered to be one of the guys, willing to integrate you! :)

• Reklame:
  • Ah ok I understand, when Im over next Ill give ye all a shout!
    I think its time to create "The Union Berlin Auslanders Supporters Club" :D :D :thumbup:

Twitter @KobeDesigns