3 Scots Hoping To Go To 1860 München vs Union

• Three of us are heading over to Munich next week and we thought we'd try to take in some football. Is it likely that we could sit in the Union end?

With 1860 ground-sharing with Bayern, they seem a bit soul-less, and one of my local pubs in Edinburgh has a real affection for Union Berlin so we'd quite like to sit in the away end. Union seem like a club with a proud history and real character from what I've read.

I know it's a meaningless game now, but are there likely to be many Union Berlin supporters at the game?

I'm a Heart of Midlothian supporter (you beat us 3-0 in preseason a couple of years ago!!), and the others support Dundee Utd and Kilmarnock. Hoping to add Union Berlin into that list too!

Thanks for any help you can give.

David

• The Union ticket office is selling tickets for this fixture at the moment, even online. However,I don't think we will sell out our allocation and believe you won't have any trouble buying on the day of.

Don't expect too much, though. Both teams are basically done with the season which will have a negative effect on attendance. I went the first time we played in Munich a few years back when a huge crowd of Union fans came along. We were on two tiers which complicated chants etc. Only about a third of the stadium was filled which made it appear quite ghostly and - as you said - soulless. Here are a few snaps from that match.

Hope you guys'll still enjoy the experience and get to see one of those very rare magical Union away wins that ancient warlocks whisper about at their fires...

• Reklame:
  • Cheers guys. Managed to get tickets in the lower tier no problem. All the union supporters around us were extremely friendly and happy to chat to us (despite us not being able to speak German) and the train journey back into Hauptbanhof was a laugh with some other Union supporters. Good atmosphere for an end of season game, the guys were trying to teach us a song that went something like 'we travel far, we travel wide, but we always lose', but we couldn't quite get it.

Good luck next season, and you're always welcome at Tynecastle, Edinburgh to watch the Hearts!

• the tynecastle is one of the finest stadiums in scotland. was there for a match vs rangers some years ago... and some good pubs at the way to the stadium... :)

cheers!

Unterm Tisch ist auch auf der Party!

Ich möchte wie mein Großvater friedlich im Schlaf sterben - nicht panisch schreiend wie sein Beifahrer...

• the tynecastle is one of the finest stadiums in scotland. was there for a match vs rangers some years ago... and some good pubs at the way to the stadium... :)

cheers!

Thanks Thommy. Earlier on in the season Liverpool supporters said it was 'the best atmosphere outside of Turkey'. (It's usually pretty quiet unless we're playing European football, Hibernian, Celtic, or the club formerly known as Rangers).

• Reklame:
  • like yul brunner in magnificient seven

We lost. We'll always lose. Only the farmers won. :-)))

some of the freaks you met in the subway you'll find here Exiler in München

greets...

EISERN

Nach 20 Jahren sage ich dem Unionforum "Lebewohl". Ein Ort, wo sich manisch auskotzende Hater alle anderen Diskussionen überlagern, die sich auch nicht zu schade sind, mit Stasi-Methoden gegen Leute vorzugehen, die eine andere Meinung haben, ist nicht (mehr) mein Ort.

• so wird aber nichts aus dem jury-platz bei deutschland sucht den super-heino. it was "anton aus tirol"...

EISERN

Nach 20 Jahren sage ich dem Unionforum "Lebewohl". Ein Ort, wo sich manisch auskotzende Hater alle anderen Diskussionen überlagern, die sich auch nicht zu schade sind, mit Stasi-Methoden gegen Leute vorzugehen, die eine andere Meinung haben, ist nicht (mehr) mein Ort.

• Reklame:
  • or that one :-)))

EISERN

• how to open bottles safely, lession 356...

or

how to relax after listened dj ötzi

:-)))

EISERN

• I've no idea what's going on but that version of Nellie the Elephant is top quality :thumbup: :wacko:

Neither song sounds anything like the tune of the "wir fahren weit..." song that the Union fans sung against 1860 Munchen though.

• Reklame: