Hello from England

• I apologise for writing in English, but my German isn't very good.

I will be visiting Berlin with a friend and we decided to watch some football. After studying all of the clubs in Berlin, it was clear that Union Berlin have the best history and support. So, we will be watching the game on 28th August.

After reading about the club, we have a lot of respect for the Eisern Union. As such, we want to make sure that we behave in the best way to support the team. We watch a lot of games in England but I think it is different (we have to sit down and we can't drink beer!)

Can you give us any advice or tips on supporting Union Berlin, so that we can integrate well with the fans who have been supporting the team for much longer than us. Again, we want to show respect to the club and other supporters of Eisern Union.

Thank you for your help,

Rich

• Hi Rich,

all I can say is ... have fun! but if you truly support Eisern Union and want to have a decent party, then get tickets for the back straight.
    it's always great to hear from other fans from different countries, that they like our Team as much as we do this.

and you don't need to apologise. my english isn't better then your german ... right? :)

• Hi Rich,
    perhaps you have to watch some videos of our support on youtube.
    watch this example

Union heißt: Mitmachen, gemeinsam alles geben, in schwierigen Zeiten zueinander stehen, dicht an dicht und jede Bierdusche mit einem Lächeln zu empfangen, niemals das Stadion vor Apfiff zu verlassen und voller Stolz nach jedem Spiel die heiserne Stimme bereits für das nächste Spiel vorzubereiten.

• Singing, chanting, shouting and clapping your hands, that should be all that is needed for decent support, Rich.
    But since you probably don't know the lyrics of our chants and songs, you should stick to clapping and shouting for once, both in anger and in joy. ;)
    Watch the game and get caught by the atmosphere! Enjoy your trip and make sure to visit us again!
    So long, Eisern Union :schal:

• Hey, your English is perfect! Thanks for the advice. I think I bought tickets for behind the goal... hopefully the correct end!

And the YouTube video... very impressive. I will make sure I learn some German songs before we visit. I have supported Chelsea for my entire life and people stopped singing as much after the money arrived! I look forward to joining the Eisern Union support and I will shout and clap as loudly as possible, haha.

• Reklame:
  • Hey, your English is perfect! Thanks for the advice. I think I bought tickets for behind the goal... hopefully the correct end!

Sector 2 and everything is fine! :opi:

Union heißt: Mitmachen, gemeinsam alles geben, in schwierigen Zeiten zueinander stehen, dicht an dicht und jede Bierdusche mit einem Lächeln zu empfangen, niemals das Stadion vor Apfiff zu verlassen und voller Stolz nach jedem Spiel die heiserne Stimme bereits für das nächste Spiel vorzubereiten.

• Hi Rich,

to be honest i dont think that you´ll have any problems with us. :beer If you like to support our team you should try to learn our chants. ;) Donno maybe " Eisern - Union" that is a chant we sing between our two standing terraces. Our club-anthem is maybe a bit taff for the beginning but the refrain isnt that complicated.

Before the match you should pop in to our club pub. "Abseitsfalle" - offside trap. I have never translate it before. :rofl: There you should easily find guys to talk with, about german football and our club. You can do that as well after the match.

So hope you´ll have a good time in Berlin and maybe we´ll see us.

Eisern

• Block J... is this a good place to be?!

We will definitely visit the pub (we like to do that a lot in England!). If you see two English men looking lost, you know it will be us, haha.

• Reklame:
  • Block J isnt that worse but you can as well enjoy the match in sektor 3. ;) Thats where the most of us stand and you can better watch the match. :schal:

Zitat

If you see two English men looking lost, you know it will be us, haha.

:thumbup: I am sure you´ll meet some other english native speaker in our pub or stadium. I can hardly remeber not having seen some of you. It changed a lot after we came back to our new stadium. Personally i think its important for our club to do the next step, we need a new terrace! If we have more sold out games we´ll be able to complete our new stadium ealier. -> we need as well more supporters from abroad do fulfill our dream. ;)

I hope in near future our club will make it easier for you to watch our games, we should have an english homepage as well. Thats something we need to improve on.

• Can you give us any advice or tips on supporting Union Berlin, so that we can integrate well with the fans ...

Just come and enjoy your time here.

I am sure that after 10 minutes you'll have your answer .

CU :schal:

And never forget eisern union 8)

• Um einen ersten guten Eindruck zu bekommen, solltest Du es wie im Theater machen und Dich setzen.
    Hach, das Abschneiden der englischen Nationalmannschaft treibt schon seltsame Blüten....

• Reklame:

• Hello, Rich. If you want to support us, you have to donate €50 to each Union supporter. ;) Don't worry, just been joking. :) Where do you come from? I mean from which part of England. Have you any favourite football clubs?

:schal:

• Thanks for your help, everyone. It's nice to know that we will be with good people (going to English games can still be quite agressive, although it isn't as bad as it was during the 1980's and early 1990's). I'm really looking forward to our visit.

I live in the shadow of Arsenal's stadium in North London, which is bad for me because I support Chelsea! My friend is a Liverpool fan, so it will be nice for us to stop arguing and support the same team for once!

• I live in the shadow of Arsenal's stadium in North London, which is bad for me because I support Chelsea! My friend is a Liverpool fan, so it will be nice for us to stop arguing and support the same team for once!

:thumbup: it fits us at moment too :rofl: :thumbup: