Does anybody really give a flying one about the international week?

• I do for sure, I have noticed over the years that English Germanized ex pats have taken far too well to the German way of life. What I mean is there is a difference between the Irish and English when we move abroad. Teh Irish get more patriotic and my opinion is the English cope much better with integrating in the German way of life. I may be talking out my ass here but its just a perception that Ive gained. Maybe an English manin Germany doesnt care about International week because secretly the German way of life has overcome him. Berlin does funny things to you, we all know that :D :D :D

IRELAND 3 WALES 0! GET IN! :thumbup:

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• @ localboy I agree.Since a couple of years it is no fun to watch friendlys/testmatches as a fan of the Nationalelf.DEU:ITA is a big match but not in this situation.Germany can focus on a tournament, that works very well, but this matches are senseless for the players.
    Off course the teammanagers need some tests.But as a fan I am tired to see them loose in a apathic way against Norway for example.

7.9.96 Union:Energie= 0:4-Ick kam, Ick sah, ick war valiebt!
    Mir ejal wie Ihr meine Tante nennt. Ick nenn se Hertha!
    Berlin, Berlin Eisern Berlin!

• I like the idea of the tornament Ireland are involved in now (The Carling Nations Cup) which is Ireland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland. With a meaningless friendly players just dont make the effort, at least with a friendly cup/league you have something to play for. Germany should look into this with Austria, Poland and Holland for a bit of bite!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

Give him a ball & a yard of grass, he'll give you a move with perfect pass. Give him a ball & a yard of space, he'll give you a move with godly grace!

• I will probably watch the match as there might be , at least , SOME revenge for 2006's defeat but anyways who gives a bloody .. you know , about international friendly matches at all !?
    As if there weren't enough games to play coming up in the next months ..
    The only point that stands for the match is seeing Mario Götze showing his excellent skills. :D

Glück ist, wenn einer auf den Ball spuckt und der Gegner dann den Elfer an die Latte setzt (DZ).

• Reklame:
  • Its a proud moment, watching your country, No?

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• I don't really feel pride in watching England play. Not like I do watching Ipswich or (now) Union. I loathe half of the players, and it brings out the worst in half of the country. Don't get me wrong, I get stupidly excited about tournaments, and was crushed when I had to watch us get spanked by germany (of all people) in Neukölln, but these friendly breaks are totally meaningless.

Like you say, at least Ireland are in a tournament. Who gives a shit about Carlton Cole playing up front against Denmark?

• I feel proud seeing Germany play, of course, but maybe that is just me.
    The thing is that I dont see any sense in having these friendly matches during the seasons. That's pretty awkward.

But the pride flows tremendously through my veins when watching Union. ;)

Glück ist, wenn einer auf den Ball spuckt und der Gegner dann den Elfer an die Latte setzt (DZ).

• @IrishUnioner

I've just read that Ireland, N.I, wales and Scotland were very keen to get England into the nations cup but, basically, england wanted to play a load of money making friendlies, that theyd promised to shore up votes for the World Cup Bid. Like the Thailand game that got cancelled after.

I wish we were playing you and not Denmark tonight.

• Reklame:
  • Not really to be honest. I watch every friendly but I wouldn't put the national team before my club. I'm not German, I'm Union.

Union till I die,
    I'm Union till I die,
    I know I am,
    I'm sure I am,
    I'm Union till I die.

:schal:

• International football is dead to me. The whole farce with the World Cups, the increasing modernisation of the game, England's inability to produce players who give two shits about playing for your country. Pathetic.

I guess it is also a bonus for me that my English team still plays during an international week, which reduces the disruption somewhat.

• As Roy Keane once said "Irish by birth, Cork by the grace of god"

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• English by chance, Ipswich by bad parental choices.

Irish Unioner. I hope you and everyone you know are alright mate....

Yeah man all ok here, I work in the Cork Airport Business Park, Im about 500 meters from the airport, its mad here, you never think something like this could or would happen in your own City! 6 dead and 6 injured on the flight. Only 12 people on the plane. Some horrific pictures online!

Twitter @KobeDesigns

• Reklame: