Beiträge von Epping Gas

Hey, I guess it depends in which hotel/area you are staying. I guess most of us come directly from home. And then have a beer on the S-Bahn as it's quite a journey 🙃 hope you'll have a great time again. Iron greetings

Berlin public transport is a lot cheaper and quicker than in London! Probably staying centrally in Mitte. Win, lose or draw, it will be a cracking day out. Eisern Union.

Having endured 4 hours of tech hell, I managed to get a ticket for Union vs Braga. I did the Olympiastadion tour earlier in the year - doesn't seem to be many bars around the stadium. Where will fans meet up beforehand? Any english speakers available for a beer? I met a very friendly Middlesbrough supporter in Kopenick (Union 4 Karlsruhe 0) many years ago. Never had the chance to thank him for his help and buy him a beer. Anyway, I'm flying in early Tuesday and back on the plane Wednesday evening.

UNVEU

Friday Hertha Zehlendorf 1 SV Tasmania Berlin 2.

Saturday FC Magdeburg 1 Sandhausen 2.

Sunday early SC Charlottenburg 1 Lichterader 2.

Sunday late. Union Tanke and Abseitsfalle. Left after the Bochum equalizer.

German football is a lot cheaper than English football.

And the away team usually wins 2-1!

UNVEU.

Yes 5:30! (I was looking at UK time). Watching Magdeburg Saturday (no Berlin games that day) and Lichtenburg early Sunday before heading towards Union. Even if I can get a ticket - going to be tight catching a 21:25 flight...

Eisern Union!

Watched a disappointing Wolfsburg 1 Union 1, seemed a fair result. Union looked a bit leggy.

Oh crap. Just seen the Union / Bochum kick off time. 16:30 on a Sunday.

But my flight got pushed back a bit, so should still be OK.

If I get a ticket.

And frees up Saturday for a game elsewhere. Any suggestions?

OK - So flights and hotel booked. Staying in Kopenick. If anyone can suggest good bars, please let me know. Last time I was here drank in the ultras bar? It was on a corner quite near the ground... I presume it's still there.

Fingers crossed for a result at Bayern.

UNVEU.

Thanks, I even looked options for an 'international' member... but sadly that option does not exist. For a maximum of 3 or 4 games a year (plus flights and hotel), it isn't really justifiable.

Cancel Number 2, as the club goes very rigidly after Ebay-Sellers, even if the only take the original price.

I remember you from our time in the 2. Bundesliga, weren‘t you the guy with the

„Epp the Gas“-chant under every post?

Very well remembered! Yes, I used to sign off "Up the Gas" (which is a little bit like signing off with "Eisern Union").

However Bristol Rovers employed a violent thug (Joey Barton) as manager a couple of years ago and I refuse to attend games and spend any money on the Club while he is there. It's about principles. Hence why I am drawn to Union, with their superior principles and their core values.

Eisern Union

I would skip #4 in the list, don’t feed the sharks.

Good luck, i hope you’ll find a ticket 🤞🏼

It is ironic. I love the Union ethic and identity. As a result I know that any re-sale of tickets goes against it's principles. I get that. I respect that. I'd rather stand outside than get in via a ticket tout! Hopefully in the bars of Kopenick and the Stadium and shops I'll find a ticket somewhere...

Thank you. I'll definitely give 5 a go (though I want to be on the terrace), think it's probably 3 in reality though...

I have been watching Union go from strength to strength! Had to cancel a trip to Union / Paderborn back in the 'Covid season'. Looking at fixtures, there is only one I can make this season. Union / Bochum on April 15th. I have to ask... is there any way of getting a ticket?!? I'll probably fly out Thursday 13th and spend 2 days, begging, borrowing (but definitely not stealing), offering to work, basically anything (within reason) to get a ticket.

Any suggestions welcome.

Following Union has given me a lot of pleasure over the last few years. I need to get back to der Alten Forsterie!

Eisern Union. UNVEU.

That's just hear say now, but considering the ticket shortening there are no tickets on sail at the stadium for the away area. This is a precaution to let them have their own space. Smaller supporter groups would otherwise have some many neutral/union fans in the stand, which may cause some issues.

Buying tickets in advance from the away side is another story, sometimes it needs a somewhat local address (this was the case when Hoffenheim played in Berlin for example, and Berlin people bought tickets from them). So far, the AF has been always almost sold out also from the away side. Anyhow, I think that is best asked at the Paderborn side and whether or not there is an open sale. Keep in mind that they also try to keep the guest area to them (which is fair).

I personally would guess that the relegation chances are very low by then, and you probably get a ticket for the home side.

Thanks - I'll be trying Paderborn directly for tickets... but even if I get them I will then go begging around the Alte Forsterei for Union Berlin home tickets on Friday / early Saturday. I'll get there one way or another. There is no way Union will get relegated! Trust me... Just seen Hertha are 0-2 down :)

Looking at flying out for the Paderborn game. What are the chances of getting tickets in the away end? I wouldn't have thought Paderborn would sell out? So maybe looking to buy tickets from them. I'm obviously not a trouble-maker... Just want to get back to the Alte Forsterie and enjoy the atmosphere. English football could learn a lot from the German model (excluding RB Leipzig of course).

Great season for Union! Looking forward to the Hertha game on BT Sports.

Eisern Union and Up the Gas.

Another good win today for Union (and Bristol Rovers won 4-3 away at Shrewsbury). Just off to celebrate :beer. Just for any other English fans - quite a few Union games are being televised on BT Sports in the run up to Christmas and also today's game was streamed on Skybet.

Eisern Union and Up The Gas!