That was horrible

• Anyone know when Madouni's back? We need somebody who can pass the ball out from the back. Peitz, if he can play, still doesnt do this well enough either, if they can find a mask he can play in. Kohlmann will be vital on Saturday, but (if he's fit) would tzhat mean Parensen would replace Ede (poss Unions best player on Sunday, though he cant score goals). Almost seems harsh.

Anyway, Saturday will be better. Alex, 10am? Cheers.

• around 2 weeks :wacko:

and YES, it was horrible ! 8| :evil:

So if Parensen is fit (if) then could he come in for mouhani. I know he
    is better on the left, but he played as a sechser against hertha at
    home, and was excellent. He can also pass the ball. Ede was good
    against Paderborn, so could stay on the left. This is presuming
    Kohlmann is fit, but he should be.

Mattuschka needs to find his pre sickness form again quickly. What
    would you do? Again I say this, mostly to start an argument. Thanks
    Kibitzer for always responding mate.

Höttecke (not perfect against paderborn either, but is there now)

Menz (hopefully fit), Stuff, Göhlert (Cant put Gill in for debut in the derby, surely), Kohlmann

Peitz (with a mask, hopefully), Parensen (hopefully fit),

Brunnemann, Tusche, Kolk

Benyamina, Mosquera

• Your eleven looks quite good, let s try it.
    By the way. Is there no english word for "Sechser"? And i don t think: "sixer". ;)
    But I suspect Hertha would not allowed us to play with twelve. :D

7.9.96 Union:Energie= 0:4-Ick kam, Ick sah, ick war valiebt!
    Mir ejal wie Ihr meine Tante nennt. Ick nenn se Hertha!
    Berlin, Berlin Eisern Berlin!

• Reklame:
  • Your eleven looks quite good, let s try it.
    By the way. Is there no english word for "Sechser"? And i don t think: "sixer". ;)

Cheers, theres a lot of fitness issues with it though.

Theres no specific word iother than a holding midfielder. In fact he is
    mostly called the "makelele role", but that just shows how late at
    developing tactically we were. It could jsut as easily be called the
    "nobby stiles" role, but these guys were still functioning in a normal
    flat midfield of four, so had license to go forard more than your
    classic "sechser".

• And footballpeople used like we in german?
    New in german is for me using "the box" instead "Sechzehner".I hear it sometimes from journalists and managers.

7.9.96 Union:Energie= 0:4-Ick kam, Ick sah, ick war valiebt!
    Mir ejal wie Ihr meine Tante nennt. Ick nenn se Hertha!
    Berlin, Berlin Eisern Berlin!

• In my opinion is that the best "playlist" for saturday, except i would change kolk with ede. So kolk plays instead of benyamina next to mosquera.
    @ benatz
    there isn´t any translation for "abräumer",too :D :pinch:
    @all
    no matter which players will stand on the lawn on saturday there is just one possibility: Wir gewinnen sowieso, EISERN UNION!
    :schal: :schal: :schal:

• Reklame:
  • So that's it settled. 12 players, sorted.

On the language thing, it's interesting that more english words are coming back in. I know in Italy they used to only use the English terms, but Mussolini changed it because it wasnt seen as nationalistic. Hence "Calcio" etc. He also tried to claim that Italians were playing football four hundred years before the english. Is the use of German terms dated to the thirties, or were there always separate terms?

• IThe more colloquial terms like Sechzehner, Sechser and stuff just came in way later I think. As you may guess, non-German terms were pretty much not accepted in that " You know when" - time . And back in the fifties, the press and the whole journalism thing was rather .. serious and profound compared to today's one. So earlier, all the subject-related issues were called by its official names, as far as I remember.

Anyways - I would totally agree with your starting team for saturday, let's hope everyone will be doing fine until then and Parensen as well as Peitz can play and mark our new Double-P-Fortress.

Glück ist, wenn einer auf den Ball spuckt und der Gegner dann den Elfer an die Latte setzt (DZ).

• Cheers Squall, I thought it might be the case, but I've always found it interesting how many English terms are heard in and around the ground, but also in the press.

As for saturday, it will be easy. Höttecke will react to the BZ nonsense, and Peitz's mask will fit this time. Parensen will be fit and so will Menz. Göhlert and Stuffi will look like they know what they are doing again, Tusche will be back to his pre sickness levels. Mosquera will score and, to use an english phrase in theme with the conversation, Brunne and Kolk will rip them a new one!

• Especially the "ripping them a new one" part! Alternatively, we could turn their old ones inside out! :D

Boy, you just gotta love the graphicness of the English language! :thumbup:

But enough of that, let's all hope for a stunning match with an even more awesome outcome. Even though that would be just the topping.

• Reklame: